Taliban Carrying Out “House-To-House Executions

Afghanistan (August 31, 2021)—The Taliban is carrying out “house-to-house executions,” according to reports, as newly released audio provides a glimpse into the extremist militants’ rule over Afghanistan since the US withdrawal.

Obtained by  Fox News, the audio features an Afghan man, who reportedly worked with Americans on the ground, talking about the gunfire surrounding him as he hid in an unknown location. 

“I think there’s a conflict between the Taliban, I have no idea where I’m located,” he reportedly said. “From everywhere I hear the sounds of shooting, gunfire. I have no idea how to leave.” 

Gunshots could be heard in the audio, which was allegedly recorded about the same time the last US plane left Afghanistan.

Several other reports of gunfire and fireworks emerged as the US troops completed the withdrawal on Tuesday. 

Footage shows some armed Taliban fighters praying on the tarmac as others cheered. 

“All the American troops have left Afghanistan, we are very happy — you can listen to the celebratory fire,” Taliban spokesman Bilal Karimi told Agence France-Presse after they stormed the airport.

Toward the end of the withdrawal, Fox News reported that Taliban militants were carrying out “house-to-house executions” in the city, per a senior US official. 

Last week, the United Nations human rights chief, Michelle Bachelet, warned of  “summary executions” and strict restrictions on women in areas under Taliban control in Afghanistan.

On Friday, an Afghan folk singer was executed the Taliban days after the Islamic fundamentalist group declared “music is forbidden in Islam,” according to his family.

The Post could not immediately confirm Tuesday’s reports of executions with the Pentagon. 

More than 79,000 civilians had been flown out of the airport  on US military aircraft since Aug. 14 — including 6,000 Americans and 73,500 Afghans and third-country citizens, according to US officials. 

Aug. 31 marked the end to America’s longest war that lasted 19 years and 47 weeks, cost some $2 trillion and took the lives of nearly 2,500 US troops and about 240,000 Afghans.

Several hundred Americans remain in the war-torn country following the withdrawal, according to Pentagon press secretary John Kirby. In a Monday statement, President Biden appeared committed to helping remove any Americans who still “want to leave Afghanistan.”

“I have asked the Secretary of State to lead the continued coordination with our international partners to ensure safe passage for any Americans, Afghan partners, and foreign nationals who want to leave Afghanistan,” he said. “This will include work to build on the UN Security Council Resolution passed this afternoon that sent the clear message of what the international community expects the Taliban to deliver on moving forward, notably freedom of travel.”

“The Taliban has made commitments on safe passage and the world will hold them to their commitments.”

 

Source: NY Post contributed to the article.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *