CITY OF WASHINGTON, (August 31, 2021)—President Joe Biden delivers remarks on ending the United States twenty-year war in Afghanistan.
- Biden “I urge all Americans to join me in grateful prayer for our troops and diplomats.”
- For those who said we should stay indefinitely– my predecessor had made a deal with the Taliban–we followed the agreement of the previously administration–or send in thousands of troops–what is the vital interest? Biden said 1!
- It was time to end this war.
- This is a new world–we face threats from Syria, Iraq, ISIS and African nations….
- We have over the horizon capabilities–we can strike remotely–days after they murdered 13 of our service members.
- Biden delivered a message to the Taliban “we are not done with you yet” .
- We are confronted with cyberattacks–we are faced with challenges from China and Russia. There is nothing that China and Russia would like more–is for the USA to remain in Afghanistan for the next decades.
- We must set missions with achievable goals–not one that we will never reach. This isn’t just about Afghanistan.
- For those who wishes USA harm–we will not forgive, we will not forget, we will haunt you down–and you will pay.
- Human rights will be the center of our foreign policy.
- The War in Afghanistan is no over. We will continue to support the Afghan people through diplomacy and aid.
- When I was running for President–I made a commitment to the American people that I would end this war. Today, I honored that commitment.
- After 20 years–I refuse to send another daughter or son into Afghan–
- Spending: 300 million dollars spending in Afghan per day for two decades. Over 800,000 Americans served in Afghan. After 20,744 service men and women injured. 2,416 lives lost in Afghan including 13 soldiers lost this week (
Popular Stories Right now
Biden And Top Democrats In Congress Failed To Reach Building Back Better Deal Prior To Biden Campaigning in Virginia’s Governor Race And European Trip
Source: White House