CITY OF WASHINGTON (September 2, 2021)–President Joe Biden to deliver remarks about Hurricane Ida.
- Biden: spoke to Governor Murphy about the floods in New Jersey. Biden plans to speak to the Governor of Philadelphia later today.
- Biden New York recorded more rain September 1st than received during the entire month.
- FEMA is on the grounds—ready to provide emergency assistance.
- Biden: approved the emergency declaration–for the State of California. The Caldor fire which is burning aggressively toward Lake Tahoe— has burned more than 200,000 acres. People have had to evacuate their homes and burned more than 35,000 structures. More than 4,400 firemen are on the grounds to contain the fire alone with State and Federal officials. The DOD is training additional firefighters to fight fires. The courage of the firemen is astounding, said Biden.
- Biden: 1 million homes without power in the States of Mississippi and Louisian– 6 deaths. The Levee System held–protecting people.
- Biden: the south suffered unimaginable damages. He will be traveling to Louisiana Friday–invitation of Louisiana’s Governor Edward as well as the Mayors and other officials. We all are in this together—the Nation is here to help,” said Biden.
- FEMA pre-positioned more than 4.3 million meals and 3 million liters of water before Hurricane Ida hit Mississippi, and Louisiana. FEMA deployed more than 300 generators. DHS deployed (8) 250 bed medical shelters in New Orleans and medical personnel.
- The Red Cross has opened 50 shelters across the Gulf Coast to provide support for those who have lost their homes.
- The administration is working with private companies —to accelerate power and phone services back in operation.
- Biden has asked the FAA –to authorize the use surveillance drones to access the infrastructure–. Pentagon, Department of Energy and DHS to make available satellite imagery to help provide the extent of the damages.
- Two electric men died in Alabama. This is complicated dangerous work, said Biden.
- Biden has instructed the DOE to use the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to ease pressure on the price of gas around the Country.
- Biden has DOT to –provide flexibility on how many hours truck drivers can drive.
- Cell Phone Services: FCC and White House to work with cell phone services to allow carriers to allow customers to use roaming–to offer phone services.
- Biden has called on insurance companies to help some “folks” who are hurting. FEMA and HUD to provide assistance for hotel bills in impacted areas–due to voluntarily evacuations.
- FEMA has pushed out 77 million dollars to people in Louisiana, said Biden. If you live in an effective area–go to diasterassistance.gov to find help. Or call 1-800-621-FEMA.
Popular Stories Right now
Biden And Top Democrats In Congress Failed To Reach Building Back Better Deal Prior To Biden Campaigning in Virginia’s Governor Race And European Trip
Source: White House