Electoral college votes (270 needed to win):
Joe Biden: 306
Donald Trump: 232
– In first public appearance since losing election, Trump spoke at the Rose Garden on Operation Warp Speed, and almost acknowledged a future Biden administration
– Major networks NYT, CNN and Reuters called Biden to win Georgia increasing Biden’s count to 300 instead of the unofficial 290. AP to wait to call Georgia until after the recount.
– AP called Trump victories in Alaska and North Carolina
– Biden’s Arizona win now projected by NBC and CNN, making him the first Democrat to carry the state since Bill Clinton in 1996. This follows Fox and AP early calls on Wednesday 4 Nov
– Joe Biden spoke to Pope Francis on the phone, expressing wish to work together based on common issues like climate change and immigration
– Amid repeated GOP assertions that the election has been rigged by widespread voter fraud, top gov’t officials confirm 2020 election “the most secure” in history–although a Pennsylvania Judge ruled that the Secretary of State violated the law.
– The Trump campaign have filed several lawsuits that’s pending in Michigan, and in Pennsylvania.