WASHINGTON, D.C. (February 19, 2021)—President Joe Biden delivers remarks at the Virtual Munich Security Conference.
- In 2019, Biden promised that the US would do more for Europe and NATO.
- “The United States is fully committed to our NATO allies,” Biden, at White House, says in virtual G7 remarks.
- The TransAtlantic Alliance is back and the strong foundation.
- The global dynamic has shifted–to sink all of us together.
- Halted all withdrawing of troops in Germany.
- USA to make a donation of 2Billion to fight the COVID19 pandemic Worldwide to strengthen the health system.
- Focus on biological threats.
- Climate change–we will all suffer the consequences if we fail, said Biden.
- “We’ll keep faith on Article 5. An attack on one is an attack on all,” President Biden says, renewing support for NATO Alliance, signaling a hard break with Trump administration’s nose-thumbing of NATO.
- USA as of today, has rejoined the Paris Agreement, said Biden.
- “I’m sending a clear message to the world: America is back. The trans-Atlantic alliance is back,” said President Biden to world leaders in G7 speech today.
- Threat of nuclear proliferation–require careful diplomacy–USA and Russia extended the New Star Treaty for an additional 4 years.
- Stabilization of the Middle East.
Source: White House