WASHINGTON, D.C. (February 23, 2021)—
- The leaders agreed to re-establish the cross border crime reform.
- To do more to take on racism.
- Agreed to modernize NOMAD.
- For both our nations, getting COVID-19 under control at home and around the world is the immediate priority.
- We also agreed to work in close cooperation to strengthen the supply chain security and resilience, and to ensure that Canada and the United States are driving a robust economic recovery that benefits everyone, not just those at the top.
- Agreed to work together on a inclusive recovery, using the tools available to us through the Small and Medium Enterprise chapter of our trade agreement to support women- and minority-owned businesses.
- Canada and the United States are going to work in lockstep to display the seriousness of our commitment at both home and abroad.
- Launching a high-level Climate Ambition Min- — Ambition Ministerial and to align our policies and our goals, and to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
Prime Minister Trudeau:
- Keeping people safe and end the COVID-19 pandemic.
Source: White House