DEARBURN, MI (May 18, 2021)—today President Joe Biden visited a Ford Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Michigan.
- Biden draws from former campaign speech–and former President Donald J. Trump’s slogan “Made In America.”
- President Trump signed an executive order in 2019 that raised the standards for products to be designated as Made in America, which had a major impact on procurement of products by the federal and state government,
“Today, I’m pleased to announce that we will begin our Buy American requirements, but even stronger. Currently, a product can be 50 per cent foreign and it still counts as American-made,” Trump told reporters at the White House.
- Biden said the Obama’s administration saved a million jobs–in the big three emerge.
- Biden said “Republican’s announced “Infrastructure Week” and did not do a d– thing.”
- Biden advocated passing the American Job Plan–to put Americans to work in airports, etc.
- Boost manufacturing of clean vehicles–to help innovate–and the supply chain.
- The American Jobs Plan to strengthen our innovation and infrastructure.
- USA can manufacture semi-conductor chips.
- DOD and NASA got the semi-conductor on its feet decades ago.
- Biden promises to build aircraft carriers, and hire American.